Hey hey everyone!! How have you all been? Today I decided to write about College fashion! As in, what to wear to school/college!!! I am the biggest defender of comfort! Specially if, like me, you have to walk a lot (I have to walk to the bus…walk to the subway…walk to the uni and then all back when I go home..it takes me about 1h and something to get to the faculty), change classrooms, basically be on the run all day, you want to do it comfortable. But, comfortable doesn’t mean you can’t look cute! Here are some tips: 1. Layer! You want to feel warm, cute but not bulky? Then layer thin pieces!! I usually layer a top, a shirt or a pullover and a cardigan on top when it is very cold! Plus, if you spend most of your day out of the house, you should be prepared for the temperatures fluctuations. This way you can always take things off and put them back on when it gets cold! 2. Invest in pieces that are thin, but keep you warm. One of my favorite cardigans is a brown boyfriend style cardigan, super thin but keeps me warm like nobody’s business!! I still think it was one of my best purchases (it’s from H&M, two seasons ago).
3. Good shoes!!! I cannot stress this enough! No one wants to walk around in uncomfortable shoes, do they? Boots are a great investment, specially if you have to walk a lot in wet pavement, you’ll need waterproof boots! I lived in my boots last winter and never got my feet wet! If you want to wear heels, I would advise you to choose some comfy wedges, like these if you want to give that extra thing to your outfit! They are cute, stylish and comfy! (I want them so badly!! =P)
4. If you don’t want to wear jeans all the time (I know I don’t) and want to look a bit more feminine on a given day, just wear a dress! You can wear dresses in winter too! Actually, I layer my dresses in winter and prefer wearing them this way rather than in the summer (I’m crazy, I know). Imagine a dress like the one below, with a cardigan, some tights and knee-high boots, wouldn’t it look great? I would totally wear a dress like that! Just make sure to choose your tights and cardigan in a solid colour as well as the boots, since the print of the dress is already so strong!
5. Scarves!! I always have a scarf with me, be it thin or out of wool! I find that it keeps you warm and can looks stylish at the same time! Some schools have air conditioning and I feel it’s always good to carry a scarf around, so you can throw it on when it gets chilly. It’s also great to conceal new stains (I always get my shirt dirty with soup haha!). The one you can see below in the picture is one of my staple scarves, it’s thin and light, but it keeps me warm when it’s a bit chilly during the warmer days!
6. Accessorize! Wear cute earrings, rings and necklaces! I would advise you to steer clear from to many bangles, just because sometimes I tend to be very loud and you don’t want to distract your classmates with it, after all you’re in school to learn and bangles noise can be very distracting.. (specially if you’re anything like me and your attention spam lasts 5seconds =P)
7. What about make-up? Well, if you’re like me and love make-up, you can just go and wear it! I just think it should be very natural and not overdone, simply because you’re there to learn and not to be in a fashion show…plus, some teachers might not take you seriously if you go with a purple and green smoky eye paired with bright pink lipstick! My advice is, just tone it down, but don’t deprive yourself of it! I always have my eyes done, but hardly ever wear foundation..I usually stick to a tinted moisturizer and that’s it! But I like my eyes to stand out, so I always do a very light smoky brown eye or wear a bit of eyeliner!
I hope you guys liked this post! Let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to check out my Facebook Page, my Twitter and my Instagram! I always comment back!