Hey hey everyone!!
One of the trickiest fashion trends out there is one of my personal favorites: the skinny jeans. They bring out a mix of emotions from everyone. It’s a love or hate piece. There is the preconception that you can’t wear skinny jeans unless you have a perfect body and that is simply not true! The way you wear it makes all the difference! I’m in no way someone with a perfect body, in some stores I’m even considered plus-sized, in most of them I’m just a curvier person.
So, how do you wear a pair of skinny jeans and look good while doing it? Here’s my 6 tips!
1. If you want to play it safe, wear dark colored skinny jeans. They will make you look leaner and you can play it up with a printed shirt. If you’re feeling brave try on a pair of printed skinnies or even colored ones, bright colors are in!
2. Tuck them into boots! If you choose a pair that’s close in color to the jeans, then it will make your legs look slimmer. Plus, the look of jeans tucked in boots is very chic (and also one of my favorites!)
3. Wear heels. This is no surprise, we already know heels elongate your legs, right? But if you wear pointy heels then it makes your legs even leaner and long! Again, choose a color similar to the jeans and when in doubt go with nude or black heels.
4. Play your proportions! If your’re wearing jeans that are very snug to your skin, then wear a larger blouse or top. It also gives a very elegant look if you go for a blouse such as the blue one in the image above.
5. When in doubt, go with a monochromatic color scheme! If you want to give your body some shape, wear a belted cardigan but don’t belt it too tight so it only gives the illusion of curves, without being too tight.
6. I think the most important tip I can give you about skinny jeans is to wear the right size! It makes all the difference and you will feel better! And when you feel better, you’re more confident and in turn also look better!
Do you guys want me to write more posts like this?