One of my favorite foods from Portugal are these tiny little dumplings. They come with meat, fish or veggies. Today I am sharing with you an easy recipe for vegetarian dumplings. I made these recently for a group of people and they loved them!
EASY RECIPE: VEGETARIAN DUMPLINGS
These dumplings can be made with a ton of ingredients. I’ve done them with chicken a lot of times. However, this time, I decided to try the vegetarian option. I will give you a list of ingredients, but this is really just for the post. You can make the vegetarian dumplings with whatever you want to!
INGREDIENTS FOR VEGETARIAN DUMPLINGS
What you need:
- Quiche pastry – I got the store-bought version, but you can make them yourself if you wish to
- 1 big onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- frozen spinach – I got the “balled” version and used 4 little “balls”
- 1 can of sliced mushrooms
- 50 gramme flour
- 40 gramme olive oil
- 150 gramme milk
- salt, pepper, and spices
HOW TO MAKE THE VEGETARIAN DUMPLINGS
- Pre-heat your oven to 200°C.
- Grate or cut the carrots, onion, and garlic
- Make a sauté with the onion, garlic, olive oil, and the carrots
- Add the mushrooms and the spinach and let it simmer
- Pour the milk and add the flour
- Season with salt and pepper, and other spices you may like
- Either take a muffin pan or cut squares from the dough and fill with the mixture. If you use a muffin pan, you’ll need to cut “tops” for the dumplings. Otherwise just fold the squares in half and use some water to glue the dough together.
- Let it bake in the oven for around 8 to 10 minutes – or longer if you like them crispier.
These vegetarian dumplings are perfect as finger food for parties, brunches or as an easy dinner with rice or potatoes. You can freeze them up and then take them whenever you need a quick dinner – perfect if you have kids or unexpected guests. Let me know if you make these and how you liked them!