October has arrived (where is the time going???) and I have decided to dedicate this month to everything fall related. I just love fall, it’s my favorite season of the year!
So why not share with you guys my 5 favorite things of it, right?
1. The smell! I really feel that fall has the best smell ever! It smells like leaves, like hot cocoa and apple-cinnamon teas (or pumpkin spice latte, if you’re into them).
2. The fashion! I love sweaters! And cardigans! And scarves! And boots! Lots of boots! Ok, basically I love that the weather is cold enough for me to layer up and wear my favorite boots and scarves and sweaters.
3. The colors! I love when the leaves start changing color and everything starts looking coppery and brown! This also applies to makeup, I definitely start using more brown and copper colors.
4. The foods! I might not like pumpkin spice lattes, but I love anything else done with pumpkins. I love pumpkin soup and pumpkin risotto and pumpkin-cooked-anything. Plus, pumpkins are very good for histamine intolerance too, so it’s a win-win situation 😉
5. Maroni! Ok, this is the name in Austria for chestnuts! in Portugal once fall arrives you can buy roasted chestnuts on the street. The air is filled by that roasting smell and it is the best thing ever!!! Here in Austria there is also a lot of chestnut culture and I cannot wait to buy some and roast them or boil them at home!
What are your favorite things about fall?