As I have shared here on the blog before, I have quite the hard time to find a good foundation. This isn’t because I don’t like most of the drugstore brands, but more because unfortunately they don’t carry my shade. Because of this, I always end up getting my foundations at MAC. Today I am sharing with you my top 5 foundations!
1. MAC Pro Longwear– Probably the most full coverage foundation I own. It has an SPF 10 and my shade is NC15, as usual it’s the lightest shade they carry. It’s a very long wearing foundation (as the name suggests) and is a good foundation to get if you want it to last longer.
2. MAC Lightful C Tinted Cream– It’s none other than the old tinted moisturizer MAC had until a while ago. They changed up the formula and now it smells a bit like sunscreen (it’s the only way I have to describe it). It has an SPF 30 and it’s been my go-to foundation for hot Summer days, because it’s extremely moisturizing and lightweight.
3. L’Oreal The minerals true match– I used this foundation when I was in high-school. Unfortunately that was before I learned to match foundations to my skin and it was way to dark on my skin, even though it was the lightest shade they carried. Nevertheless, I still think this is an amazing foundation! It’s not cakey and is extremely good for oily skin (which I used to have) and it feels amazing on the skin, giving it a velvet touch. I just wish they made it in a shade light enough to match my skin.
4. MAC Mineralize– It’s one of my favorite foundations! Very moisturizing and build-able into a medium coverage. It has an SPF 15, which I think could be higher, but is better than anything, right? It leaves a dewy finish and is very good for dry skin!
5. L’Oreal the foundation true match– this is the liquid foundation that goes with nr3 on this list. It’s very velvety, just like the powder, and also very moisturizing. Unfortunately it also doesn’t come in a shade light enough for me. (I don’t know if they don’t sell it in other countries, but I never found it in Portugal or Austria).
These are my top 5 foundations! Have you tried any of these? If you have a holy-grail that also comes in very light shades, let me know in a comment! I’m always on the look for a good (preferably inexpensive) foundation.